Monday, June 4, 2012

'The Crying Tree'

I wish I could be,
Like the crying tree,
The love that I envy,
Towards Habibi.

My heart is empty,
Emptier than the tree,
Who cried like a baby,
Longing for his company.

The tree cried when he,
Was still in its vicinity,
Not a teardrop do I see,
When he is far from me.

I want to be like the tree,
I want to feel his company,
Through not physically,
But he is present in me.

By : A.A.
---------------
Narrated Jabir bin ‘Abdullah: The Prophet used to stand by a tree or a date-palm on Friday. Then an Ansari woman or man said. “O Allah’s Apostle! Shall we make a pulpit for you?” He replied, “If you wish.” So they made a pulpit for him and when it was Friday, he proceeded towards the pulpit (for delivering the sermon). The date-palm cried like a child! The Prophet descended (the pulpit) and embraced it while it continued moaning like a child being quietened. The Prophet said, “it was crying for (missing) what it used to hear of religious knowledge given near to it.”
[Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 784]

No comments:

Post a Comment